Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Year in Photos: September to December 2011

Somehow January seems to have raced away on me, but I didn't want to abandon the "year in photos" series half done. So here is a very quick round up of the rest of the year.

September (after returning from holiday);



I started hill walking again


The "Earth from Above" photo exhibition was part of the Christchurch Arts festival.

October:


We had a minor flood.


Which soaked these flags - displayed on a pre-school fence for the Rugby World Cup



The new temporary "Restart" shopping mall opened


But the city's water reservoirs still have earthquake damage that needs fixing - hence, water restrictions this summer.

November:


I took the opportunity to walk into Cathedral Square (the temporary walkway has now closed again, as there are ongoing demolitions)


I took a weekend trip to Wellington, where I had the uneasy feeling of being among high rise buildings for the first time in a long while - here the new reflects the old.

December:


I visited the Antarctic Centre. The penguins are there because they have injuries which mean they are unable to be released into the wild.


Made the traditional Christmas pudding..


Even the most temporary buildings were getting into the Christmas spirit.



No comments: