Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Year in Photos: July 2011

In July I attempted to take photos that weren't earthquake related, such as these smiley balloons (because we could all do with a smile or two)


and the postmen's bicycles lined up outside their depot (something about items in a row that attracts me)


I took another trip out to the seaside suburb of Sumner to see how Shag Rock had fared in the June quakes - not very well:


and to look around the little shops and galleries there


Bandaids were appearing on buildings around town:


This sculpture, erected at the end of 2010, framed the earthquake damaged and cordoned off High Street:


And at the end of the month we had the first of two big snowstorms - almost monochrome, but the Portaloo and orange road cones add a touch of colour.


I ended the month with another smiley photo - I found this one outlined in twigs when shovelling snow in my driveway.


No comments: