Pages

Thursday, November 04, 2010

More on the Book Launch

I have been spending most evenings this week baking mini muffins for the book launch on Saturday. I think the family is going to be well-fed on the rejects - the too cooked or not cooked enough, and the ones where I left out the baking powder!

I like Alison Holst's cook books very much, but she insists on using self raising flour which is not really a New Zealand thing. Why pay a lot more for self raising flour when you can just buy regular flour and add the baking powder yourself? The trouble is, a couple of times, I forgot to add it. On one of those occasions, I realised a minute after I had put the muffins in the oven, so I pulled them out, scraped out the mixture, stirred in the baking powder and put them back. They are OK but a bit chewy when over-mixed. And the ones that didn't have baking powder at all taste not too bad, but they look sad and flat. I still have Friday night and Saturday morning to bake a few more batches!

I have been asked about purchasing the book overseas. At the moment we are handling all the sales ourselves, so you can e-mail me at upsidedownpoet at gmail dot com to order a copy. You can post a personal cheque in any major currency, or pay through my husband's Paypal account. I can calculate the appropriate exchange rate if necessary. I am also looking into what I need to do to have it available online at Fishpond, New Zealand's on line book store.

Two of our group will be interviewed on Plains FM's Women on Air programme on Saturday morning (actually they have recorded the interview already, but it will play on Saturday morning). It's possible this will be available as a podcast, if so I will post the link.

Congratulations to Victoria, one of the group, who has been shortlisted for the Kathleen Grattan poetry award.

And here we are on the Christchurch library blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How exciting ..a book launch and a Chook Book of poetry? I will have to order one. I have a personal chook philosophy I live by! Well done. Can't wait to see it.