...about the bagpiper I encountered yesterday. Why was he up in the hills playing the pipes? I have a few suggestions and would be very glad to hear any more contributions.
1) His wife won't let him practise at home.
2) His next-door-neighbour won't let him practise at home.
3) The people in the next street won't let him practise at home.
4) He is doing scientific research into the effects of bagpipe music on sheep.
4) He is practising for an upcoming family reunion. To celebrate 150 years settlement in New Zealand his family plan to have a bagpiper lead them over a narrow mountain track to their greatgrandfather's original homestead. Therefore he has to hone his ability to play the bagpipes while walking over a narrow, hilly, stony track.
Any more ideas?