Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Here comes the Sun



It hasn't been a great winter here so far. Newspaper reports have confirmed what I personally felt, that it has been colder than average with far fewer sunshine hours. Not cold as in heavy snowfalls and sparkling winter white, but cold as in uniformly grey and depressing.

Hence it was a great relief that the sun shone all weekend. I was too congested, and coughing too much, to go anywhere, but I spent my time moving round the house like a cat, curling up in any puddle of sunlight I could find.

I did venture into the garden very briefly on Friday afternoon (having left work early due to my state of health) to photograph the snowdrops which have just emerged. Next it will be dwarf daffodils, and magnolia buds. Spring may be a way off, but it is definitely on the way.

3 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

You saw snowdrops! Get outta here! (Whew! So Spring hasn't forgotten us - even a winter fan such as I am has been tested this grey, cold winter!) Thanks Catherine.

Dana said...

"I spent my time moving round the house like a cat, curling up in any puddle of sunlight I could find."

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well, but I love that image.

January said...

Hope you're feeling better. Just seeing the sun always lifts my spirits.