Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Eight Things About Me

Chiefbiscuit has tagged me for this meme. The rules are:
First:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves.
3. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves.
4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged (named and shamed).
5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they're tagged (cut and run).

So, what can I tell you that is in the least bit interesting? (Other than things I have revealed before). I think I am going to be truly random here.

1. When hanging out laundry, I like to colour co-ordinate the pegs to the garments. I confessed this to a co-worker once, and she laughed at me.
2. I have a strangely shaped fingernail on the ring finger of my right hand. It happened when I squashed it in the cake cupboard door when I was three years old (no prizes for guessing what I was up to).
3. My masters thesis was called "The rearrangements of p-quinols." It's in our bookcase. My children spotted it one day and exclaimed "mummy wrote a book!" (I can't remember anything about the rearrangements of p-quinols. I guess I could always read it and find out).
4. I love quiz shows. When I was about thirteen I auditioned to be in a quiz team to compete against children in other countries. I just missed the team. They asked guy questions like sports and engineering. When the quiz went on air, I listened and found I knew more answers than the boy who made the team. They asked more literature questions and no sports.
5. I don't own a single pair of jeans.
6. I rarely wear make-up.
7. I'm hopelessly unathletic, but I love the outdoors, and I enjoy orienteering (okay, my regular readers knew that already).
8. I can touch my nose with the tip of my tongue.

Fact number nine: I know enough mathematics to figure that if this meme has been around for a bit, and the first person tagged eight people, who each tagged eight people, who each tagged eight people, and so on.. well, most of you have been tagged by now.
So I'm going to break the rules.
If you haven't been tagged, and you want to do it, leave a comment to let me know, and I will come and read your eight random facts.

10 comments:

Marybeth said...

Note to self: Find out what a p-quinol is. I love meeting smart people! Nice to meet you. Michele sent me. Now...no jeans and makeup...we must work on that!

Kay Cooke said...

Some verrrry interesting facts - the tongue thing had me amazed - i tried immediately to do the same and i believe my tongue (and/or nose?) is an inch or two (I still work in imperial ... ) short. Oh well ...
Thanks for responding to the dreaded tag. I think you're right - this particular tag has done the rounds. (In fact i think not only was I tagged twice this time, but have been tagged with this one about a year ago as well ... Time to stop. You are right.

Anonymous said...

Well, I haven't done it and probably won't but I enjoyed reading yours!!!

Mommy wrote a book! Love it!!!


~K!

Michele says hi

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine, I don't even know what a p-quinol is! I do know what a shameless lion is though. I have one too. Michele sent me tonight.

kenju said...

when I did it, it was six facts. I enjoyed reading yours!

Catherine, people dress their kids in white or light blue for photos, especially on the beach. I don't know why, except it is a good color contrast for the sand, sky and ocean.

Anonymous said...

I love your facts. I've been tagged for this, too, but haven't done it yet. Everyone does seem to be doing it. I can touch my tongue to my nose, but that's only because I have a long nose.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I haven't a clue what a p-quinol is, and you wrote a whole thesis on it! I am going to have to google that...(lol)...

Michele sent me tonight, my dear Catherine and I think your 8 random things are very very interesting....I LOVE that you color coordinate the laundry and the pins! It must look really really pretty!

carmilevy said...

We always knew you were really, really smart, Catherine. This clinches it!

I was one of those who ended up on the quiz team - the national broadcaster runs something called Reach for the Top here. I found it was a lot more difficult to stay in focus under the light of the cameras than it was from the comfort of my living room. It was my first exposure to television, and the lessons learned then have helped me immensely now that I sit in front of the camera fairly often.

scrappintwinmom said...

I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue too! Here via Michele!

Anonymous said...

1. sounds like me.