Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

If You Build It, They Will Come

Here is what we bought at the post Christmas sales (four of these, in kitset form). Each of these cost about the same as one book (books are expensive in New Zealand, but the bookshelves were ridiculously cheap).



Thanks to my husband who put it together for me, I now have room for more books. Although not for as many as the picture suggests - I did a fairly good job of filling up the shelves after I took this photo. I had a slim bookshelf about half the size of this one, which has found a new home in my son's room.

It was after we bought our bookshelves that I found this. I can imagine being buried with my favourite books (something to read on the journey?) but - in my bookshelves? That's the strangest idea I've come across in a while...

Ever wondered how much energy you use web surfing? I have been feeling slightly guilty about it since reading this story whose claims Google have since countered, here. So, who do you believe?

I am back at work after a week or so of partial holiday, and another week and a half of full holiday. It was my first time off at home in a year and a half or so (previous holidays being used for travel). I intended to do lots of writing. It didn't quite work out like that. In fact, now I am back at work I feel more geared up to make the most of my leisure hours. We'll see what happens.

This is my 500th blog post. I'm amazed. (I'm also amazed at how old I am, but we won't go into that!)

3 comments:

Zeborah said...

Believe Google. I saw a whole pile of refutations online even before I saw the original article. It's idiotic journalistic "We'll believe anything some sensationalist press release says without checking any facts and then we'll sensationalise it some more and stick an even more sensationalistic headline on to attract money."

January said...

Yea on your 500 post. And room for more books is always a good thing.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Congrats on your 500th post!