Pages

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I Haven't Forgotten...

...that I have a blog, it's just that the Christmas silly season seems to be starting around here. And I have a new camera to play with. Lots of zoom and what-all else. For those who care about such things, it is a Panasonic DMC-FZ50. It's more expensive than I intended, but it looked so good that I couldn't resist - so far I love the big manual ring controls on the front for focus and zoom, just like an old-fashioned film camera - very easy to use.

There will be photos here when I figure out how to get them from the camera to the computer, I probably need to set up new cables since I'm not sure that the ones for my old camera fit. At the moment though I am doing boring things like taking the same photo on different apertures just to see how much I can blur or sharpen the background - not necessarily pretty shots, just whatever is around.

In the meantime Fiji is or isn't having a coup. I couldn't believe it when I picked up the paper on Friday and saw "Fiji's coup postponed for rugby game". Well yes, I could believe it, actually. I'd believe it in New Zealand, too, except that we wouldn't be having a coup in the first place. I'm not sure that we even have enough military to stage a coup, even if they were that way inclined. They're probably far more likely to say "she'll be right, mate" than to try and overthrow the government.

Every time I read the military commander's name I think "Bananarama".

Hopefully I'll post something soon for onedeepbreath, and Poetry Thursday will be along soon, too.

3 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

Can't WAIT to see those photos!!!!!

Deb R said...

YAY on the new camera!! Sounds like it's a big brother/sister to the one I bought a couple of months ago. I predict you'll love it!!

carmilevy said...

If I were in the market for a point-and-shoot, I'd put Panasonic at the top of my list. Their lenses - Leica, in this case - are divine. And in the world of photography, the glass matters more than anything else.

May you capture many memorable images with it in the years to come. Congrats!