Pages

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I'm Back!

I'm back from holiday a bit earlier than I expected. That's because one of my daughters, who arrived to join us on Monday, had misunderstood when we were coming back (the plan was to leave Mt Maunganui on Friday, spend Friday and Saturday night with P's brother in Palmerston North, and then catch the ferry early Sunday morning, which would have got us back Sunday around teatime. But S. was supposed to be at work on Saturday at 2 p.m., so instead we stopped a few hours with my brother and sister-in-law (long enough for a meal and a nap) and then drove through to Wellington for the ferry sailing at 1.30 a.m. on Saturday, napped on the ferry, and drove on through to Christchurch. We were back at around 9a.m. this morning.

OK, when I stop moving I will be a little tired I think. In the meantime I have 110 e-mails to read (not counting the junk ones), all your blogs to catch up on, and a pile of tempting snail mail. It includes:
1) tickets for the writer's festival - the main sessions in a couple of weeks, with a workshop next weekend
2) heaps and heaps of brochures about Britain, particularly Scotland. I clicked on lots of "send me brochures" buttons on websites before I left.
3) my security clearance to visit the women's prison as part of "Books in Prison". I am pleased to report that apparently I have no criminal convictions (yes, well, I knew that really).
4) various other less interesting stuff.

I could write a really long post about the holiday. But instead I'm going to go and unpack some more, put laundry in the machine etc. I just wanted to post something to celebrate my return.

1 comment:

writingblind said...

Glad you're back, I can't wait to hear all about your trip.