Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

More Quarry Photos

More photos from last week's outing to Halswell Quarry. I took these round the abandoned quarry workers' buildings, after I had completed my orienteering course.

A group of young women were filming a video. They had a large stuffed dummy, which apparently they threw over the edge of the cliff, but I missed the action.

I'm not sure what it was in aid of - perhaps a school or university assignment. It wasn't for the 48 hour Fast and Furious Film Festival , which took place the previous weekend.





3 comments:

carmilevy said...

The last photo in the series haunts me, Catherine. In a good way, of course: there's something incredibly poignant about photos of structures past their prime.

I found myself shooting an urban ruin just this past Friday. I'll have to get a sample from the session onto my blog this week. Stay tuned...and thanks for the inspiration!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Catherine, I haven't been to visit here for quite a while, but I did enjoy this little walk through some of what I've missed! Great pictures!

Kay Cooke said...

That quarry is a great place to take photos - done it myself! (Yours are better though.) :)