Possibly, I should feel anxious right now (see Wednesday post). After all, I am generally a rather anxious person. I get uptight about small things. Strangely, I don't seem to be feel especially anxious. Mostly, I feel grateful.
Here are some of the things I am grateful for (in no particular order):
1. The lovely place where we live. The river and the hills close by, where I can go walking.
2. The fact that our house is so close to paid off that the bit left really doesn't matter.
3. Free internet (courtesy of a son who works for an ISP).
4. Digital cameras - because of all the fun of taking photos without the expense of buying film.
5. Extra paid work just when I needed it (see Wednesday post, again). Granted, it is temporary, but it makes me feel something will turn up.
6. Free internet.
7. Our wonderful public library.
8. A big stash of fabrics, art supplies, etc just in case I should have time in between the extra work to feel like making something.
9. The fact that our trip to the UK in September is booked and mostly paid for, on non-refundable tickets. Can't back out of this one! (The air fares, a bit over half our accommodation, and the rental car are all paid for. We still have to pay for about a week and a half of accommodation, petrol, food - bread and cheese anyone? - and spending money).
10. The fact that writing takes not much more than a computer or a pencil and paper, and therefore is pretty close to free.
11. Did I mention free internet? :)