Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Latest News

I was sitting at my computer and heard a bang. At first I thought it was an earthquake, but it was definitely an explosion, all the neighbours rushed into the street but we couldn't see anything. We turned ou the radio and found that people from all over Christchurch and Canterbury were phoning in having heard it - current reports are that it was a meteor or space junk coming down just south of Ashburton which is about 100 kilometres (70 miles) south of here - it must have been large.

Strange that it should happen today of all days. I'll be checking the TV news tonight for sure.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Wow, that's freaky. Like you say, it must have been large for you to have heard it so loudly from that far away. I hope no one was hurt. If you hear more about it, I hope you give us an update.

paris parfait said...

That's a little scary! As someone who's been through a few earthquakes, I can imagine the surprise.