Pages

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Thematic Photographic: Orange

Yesterday I commented on how I tend to feel out of step with the rest of the world while roaming the internet. And today I read on Carmi's blog that this week's theme for Thematic Photographic is orange: "because summer seems to offer up countless examples of this bright colour". As New Zealanders say: Yeah, right.

Today a freezing wind from the Antarctic struck us, with rain, grey skies, and snow in the hills. Summer seems very far away.

Nevertheless, I had one orange photo that I took yesterday - when it was cold, but not raining - a remnant of last summer:



and here is a more summery one from a year or so ago, just to remind me that summer will come again (although by then most of blogland will be enjoying winter sports, or commiserating about the cold weather)

4 comments:

Peg Cherre said...

I LOVE the flower shot!

carmilevy said...

Thank you for reminding us that hemispheric differences render one half of the planet decidedly colder than the other!

The pepper shot (it IS a pepper, isn't it?) is beautifully mournful. Makes me think about how we define beauty in the first place, and why we may need to update our definitions a bit.

The flower pic is just out-and-out stunning. There's always hope for an eventual renewal, isn't there?

Unknown said...

Dear Catherine ..you sound to me to be suffering from a wintry malaise of the soul! You sound cold.. and a bit miserable. I hate to sound like Pollyanna but where I am in NZ I have had a lovely winter..you make me wonder why I have loved it. Maybe you live in the deep south where winters are really cold. Probably the chillest wind I have ever felt was in England at Stone Henge and it was early spring. The wind and cold stung my skin.

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

...lovin' the flower....
:)