Pages

Monday, August 09, 2010

Thematic Photographic: Orange #2

The last two posts may have sounded somewhat more miserable than I really am...I don't do winter particularly hard, mostly. I just don't like to feel there is all sorts of fun going on that I am missing out on, by being out of step with the rest of the world. When summer comes here, everyone else will be commiserating about winter, and posting winter themed photos, and again I will be out of step.

Still, I am over whining, I think. I realised when I arrived home from work that the days are getting longer. The rain had stopped, there was still almost an hour of daylight, and I had letters to post. So I walked round the block to the Post Office, and when I came out I spotted this building across the car park, with the sunset clouds above it, which seemed to fit the orange theme perfectly. (Actually, the building is terracotta. It's come out looking more orange in the photo though, and I have tweaked the saturation and contrast in Photoshop to dramatise it a bit more).



Then I walked home around the river. There were bright orange diggers there, but I decided they weren't particularly photogenic, and instead took this shot of the river at twilight.



Spring is coming! (Yay!)



(Photo taken in my garden last Saturday)

No comments: