Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Artist at Work

The photos that I take, other than family photos, tend to be of nature and city scapes more than of people. There are, after all, many situations where it doesn't seem quite appropriate to take photos of strangers (although a zoom lens can hide just what you are doing to a certain extent). I don't post family photos on my blog, so when I saw that Carmi's theme this week was "human", I pondered the possibilities of illustrating the theme without any actual people in the photo (I may return to that idea later in the week).

In the meantime I looked through my files and found these photos. The shop is just a block or two from my house, and the owner decided to take a creative approach to the problem of graffiti on his paintwork, and commissioned these young people to paint a mural. I loved their energy, and the sweep of the boy's arm as he sprayed the bold curve you see in the first picture.



5 comments:

srp said...

That was a great idea... kudos to the shop owner. I think these murals on the buildings are great... they give an artistic outlet to youngsters and their beauty helps others admire rather than deface. Great shots!

Mamie said...

Not only are the colors in these photos vivid and beautiful, I love the guys on the skateboards, watching the artists. A great show of human-ity.

Jan said...

FAbulous snaps, these!
Of both paintings and painters!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Creative and colourful :)

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

Love these photos!!!!!!!!!!