Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hot off the Press



The latest issue of Takahe magazine, which has three of my poems in it.

Yes, I see it first because I am on the staff. But only on the administration side ie finances, subscriber database etc. I do have faith in the ability of the editors to select work on merit.

Now, I just have to make time to write more poems, and send out more submissions. I have gathered a fat folder of possible publications to submit to. Just haven't done it yet.

In other news, the small poetry group I belong to (the Poetry Chooks) were successful in obtaining a grant towards publication of a second collection of our work - to include paying an established poet for editing and workshopping. So, 2009 should be a good year for writing.

4 comments:

leonie.wise said...

wow, neat!

congratulations
:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the publication of your poems! What a wonderful affirmation!

Anonymous said...

Oh wonderful. Congratulations Catherine.

Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations on the publication AND on securing grant money. That's fantastic!