Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Spring Photos

We have been having beautiful warm days, so that it would be easy to think that winter is over - especially since all sorts of spring flowers are beginning to put in an appearance. I remind myself that heavy snowfalls are not unknown here in August and even in September, but for today I am enjoying the warmth. I took my camera for a short walk down to the river - here are some of the results.







This tree is a kowhai tree, and its yellow flowers are as much a sign of spring in New Zealand as daffodils.

8 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Catherine, these are beautiful naural pictures.

Michele sent me.

aprilbapryll said...

How pretty! It's too hot to go picturing here (what my husband and I always called going out to take photos). The only way to be is inside with the a/c on!

Michele sent me!

Mr Farty said...

Lions! You've got lions! Not fair, we've only got cows in Embra.

Or did have until your lions ate them.

Back to Michele for more fun...

Karen said...

Wow - it's so hot here that it's hard to imagine that it's winter anywhere else! The photos are lovely!

Hi from Wisconsin! Michele sent me today!

Crazed Nitwit said...

Cool pictures. Michele sent me as well. Here in Seattle we've had weather in the 60's most of the week, I loved it. I dislike weather over 72 or so. Yup, I'm a heat weenie. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine! Your photos are gorgeous!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

I love looking at what you see with your lens.

Beautiful photography.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Marie said...

What beauty...I especially enjoy the angle of the kowhai tree...But it is hard to imagine winter when we are so hot...thanks for the view of how the other half is living..