Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Gestation Period of the Human is...

Nine and a half months. Actually it is 38 weeks. It was only when I was pregnant that I found it the 40 weeks is counted from the first day of the last period, which means that you are two weeks pregnant before you are actually pregnant.

What does this have to do with anything? Well, today I booked a timeshare week in England for 8th September next year. But we will leave here around the 1st September which means that I have to wait about as long as I waited for any of my children to be born. Five times. Enough times for me to know I don't do well with waiting.

I was going to book another week in Scotland for the 15th. Only it turns out that even though it was the 15th November here it was still the 14th in the USA where the timeshare company website was based, so the bookings weren't open for that week yet. So I'll try again tomorrow. Watch this space.

I'd blog about something really interesting, but I'm kind of excited and antsy about this. I just have to figure out how to stop being excited about it for about eight and a half months so I can get something else done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a long time for a bun to be in the oven. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I wonder what I'll be doing in nine months.

Deb R said...

I'd be excited too! YAY!!

Tia said...

Oh, go ahead and BE excited!!!! =) It sounds like a lovely trip!

Like Dana, I wonder where life will have me in 9.5 months.... Literally. Bruce is really wanting to know what Christchurch would be like. Maybe if I stick around long enough, I'll have to come down and see. =)

Catherine said...

Tia, you might like to know that it is mostly flat. Though the mountain bikers still find their way to the hills. Do come down, there are plenty cheap air fares.