Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A River of Stones: January 23

Acrobats -
above the stage
a butterfly flits and twirls


For A River of Stones

The buskers are in town.
Every January, for just over a week, Christchurch hosts the World Buskers Festival. Unfortunately, since I work during the day, I can't catch the acts during the week - they take place mostly between 11 am and 5 pm. (There are night time performances too, but they are more formalised - stage shows indoors - I like the atmosphere of the street acts). And as I don't work in the city, that rules out lunchtime viewing, too. But I did take half an hour or so between weekend chores to catch a bit of the fun. I haven't checked up on my photos yet, will do so tomorrow.

1 comment:

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely juxtaposition of images in your stone haiku, Catherine! It reminds me a bit of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe that overflows into the streets...